A daughter is the happy memories of the past, the joyful memories of the present, and the hope and promise of the future.

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Mamaw

This is my great grandmother, Mamaw! She was the best great grandmother anyone could ever ask for. With the holiday season just right around the corner, I have been thinking about her lately. I loved everything about Mamaw. She was extremely funny, always put me in my place (which I needed many times), the best cook ever, very loving, and an overall special person. There is no one else like her!

One of my favorite memories with Mamaw is when I was younger I would always act like I was sick in order to go stay at Mamaw's for the day. We had so much fun together. We would watch The Price is Right, she would cook my favorite lunch (smothered deer steak, mash potatoes, and a banana nut cake with cream cheese icing--I think). In the afternoons when I was feeling better (I always felt better in the afternoons) we would crank on the record player and she would teach me how to Polka dance. We always played dominoes before the day was over too!

When I got a little older, my favorite memories are just hanging out with her and visiting. I always looked forward to being able to just stop by and hang out with Mamaw! She had so many stories to tell about her family, her life growing up in the cotton field, and a ton of other life experiences. She always knew what was going on around town and in the news so I could always catch up by visiting with Mamaw!

This blog posts goes out to Mamaw! I know she is looking down on me and hopefully she is proud! I know I will always be proud of her and her memory will always live within me and my family.

I love and miss you Mamaw!


1 comment:

  1. Very special Mamaw indeed:)
    Good example of how what you do for others is always remembered.

    ReplyDelete