A daughter is the happy memories of the past, the joyful memories of the present, and the hope and promise of the future.

Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Happy Birthday Granny!

Earlier this week was my Granny’s birthday! Some of the family, but not all, was able to meet at the Hyatt for dinner. I love my grandparent’s to pieces. They have done so much for me through the years and are just the best people you could ever meet. THEY ARE THE ABOSLUTE BEST AND MEAN THE WORLD TO ME. Since it is Granny’s special day, here are some things (but not all since the list would be 1,000s of lines) that my grandma has done for me over the years that I have very fond memories of:

1) brought me 7-11 nachos (my favorite growing up) at least once a week when I called and told her Dad was cooking something I didn’t like for dinner;

2) was basically my tutor all through grade school and college (I learned all my great study habits and basically everything I know because of her);

3) always took me swimming at Lake Thunderbird growing up and then we would have a picnic at the park;

4) always let me make a pallet by the side of her bed because I didn’t want to be too far away from them when I stay with them;

5) from time to time surprises me with a little something and always makes me feel special;

6) spends holidays with me when my parents are out of town;

7) we have had many, many conversations about the soap operas (All My Children and One Life to Live) that she got me hooked on since Junior High;

8) has sewed many buttons for me and altered many clothing items for me. She has shown me numerous times how to sew on a button but for some reason I just can’t figure it out (wink!, wink!);

9) has been my role model all my life due to her lifetime achievements and just being a top-notch individual; and

10) is always there for me and supports me no matter what.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANNY! You’re the best and I look forward to many, many more years to build memories together! I love you!

The family that was able to attend Tuesday
My grandparents, Papa and Granny

No comments:

Post a Comment