A daughter is the happy memories of the past, the joyful memories of the present, and the hope and promise of the future.

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Abby's Last Day At Melissa's

Abby's last day at Melissa's was on Wednesday, August 22, 2012.  Abby has been at Melissa's since the beginning of 2012 so for 8 months enjoyed playing with Melissa, Danny, and Drew.  Abby is so happy when she sees her Aunt Melissa and I know she is going to miss her terribly.  I am sad that Abby won't get to continue to play with her Aunt Melissa numerous times a week.  She LOVES it!  Melissa and Abby have such a strong bond.  Melissa has been so good to Abby.  They play outside, play inside with a bunch of toys, go on field trips, etc.  Abbygale has learned so much from Melissa as well because she works with her on animals, sounds, body parts, numbers, and colors.  It has been Melissa's School, which I love.  So August 22, 2012 is a sad day for me because I know Abby is going to miss Melissa.  It breaks my heart.  However, I am so thankful that Melissa watched Abby for as long as she did.  I am thankful beyond any words can express.  I am happy for Melissa because she can now be free and do the things she loves to do: travel, entertain more, and be spontaneous.  I know Abby will still see Melissa and I have no doubt she will never forget how much fun her Aunt Melissa is!

Abby has change ahead of her and I just pray she does okay.  Mommy is not very good with change (nor is Daddy for that matter) so I hope Abby does better than Mommy does with change in general.  I am going to strive to keep her schedule as close to what it was as much as possible.  Abby's next chapter starts now.  It's an exciting one too!  Abby will be going to her Grandma's house.  Abby loves her Grandma.  When she sees Grandma, she smiles so big.  Grandma comes over to the house and plays with Abby, which makes Abby oh so happy!  Grandma and Abbygale are going to have fun together playing in the country I know.  Abby is going to transition to the change and continue to be such a happy little camper! 

Cheers to the wonderful 8 months Abby has had with Aunt Melissa.  We will never forget it.  You helped me transition back into the workforce without me having to worry about Abby AT ALL.  It has been wonderful and Abby has had such the best time!  Thank you for everything you have done and everything you have taught my daughter.  We owe you so much!

Cheers to Abby's next phase with Grandma.  Get ready Grandma because Abby is ready to have some fun!

Here are pictures from Abby's last day with Aunt Melissa:


No comments:

Post a Comment