A daughter is the happy memories of the past, the joyful memories of the present, and the hope and promise of the future.

Tuesday, February 08, 2011

February 8, 2011 - Week 10

Ten weeks down and only 30 more weeks to go!! At ten weeks, the baby is about the size of a prune and approximately an inch and a half long. The tenth week marks a critical period in baby’s development because all the vital organs have formed and are beginning to function. Baby is also growing tiny finger nails and toe nails as well as tiny buds for teeth. It amazes me that at only 10 weeks so much is happening!

My energy level has improved and the nausea has gone away for the most part. Every now and then I feel a bit nauseous but overall I love how I am feeling. It is so much better than a few weeks ago when I felt sick all day long. I am still tired some but again that has also improved. I use to almost fall asleep at work but during the day I am feeling pretty good. By 9 pm I am beat though and usually hit the bed (week day or weekend). There are still days when I get tired early at night and go to bed even earlier. If I can stay feeling like I do this week than I will be good and happy!! I do have heart burn in the evenings, which is no fun, but being a little tired and heart burn are all manageable! Overall, I give my body a thumbs up!

At this point, I haven’t really done much (or anything) to get ready for the baby. I have some ideas in my head but I am waiting patiently to find out if we are going to have a boy or a girl before I start buying and re-arranging the house! I am looking forward to this, but I am trying not to rush anything. I just want to enjoy the pregnancy and take it week by week because who knows I may only experience this once.

Our baby has already received its first gift—an early Valentine’s present. Mom and Dad sent a package in the mail and I (and the baby) was so very excited. Baby got some bath towels, wash cloths, burp cloths (Mom made them), and a super sweet card telling the baby to continue to grow and they can’t wait to meet him/her. Thanks Mom and Dad—y’all are the best!!

Well is the baby growing? Let’s find out with week 10 pictures!

Instead of a head shot this week, Bryan started with a body shot!
Week 10
My Belly, Week 10
Our Baby Growing - Week 10 Baby
Baby's First Presents- Towels and Wash cloths
Aren't this cute burp cloths?
Traditional burp cloths

1 comment: