A daughter is the happy memories of the past, the joyful memories of the present, and the hope and promise of the future.

Sunday, June 05, 2011

May 31, 2011 - Week 26

Bryan and I believe we have an official name for our baby girl: 
Abbygale (Abby) Kate Helford
We wanted her nickname “Abby” in her name so we went with a non-traditional Abbygale spelling.  We both LOVE it even though it is a little long!!
Abby is about the size of a cucumber and should weigh around 1.75 to 2 pounds.  Since I have gotten so big I am sure she is weighing in a little more than the average but that is just my guess J  Abby’s eyes should be open now so she can look around even though I am sure her view of my uterus isn’t all that exciting!

I absolutely cannot believe I am two-thirds of the way through the pregnancy.  This is scary and exciting all at once.  We are pretty organized but still have so much essential stuff to get it makes me a little stressed thinking about it!  The countdown is on for sure and before we know it Abby will be here!
I went in for the glucose tolerance test on June 2nd.  I drank the orange flavored sugar drink and then sat at the lab for an hour before my blood could be drawn.  The drink wasn’t as bad as most people said but I had it really, really cold and drank it really fast.  All that sugar does make your stomach hurt a bit so afterwards I drank LOTS of water to try and dilute it.  The only problem was: I couldn’t get anything done because I had to run to the restroom every few minutes.  I will get the results back in a couple of weeks so my fingers are crossed I passed it so I won’t have to take the 3 hour glucose test or worry about having diabetes when pregnant!
Heartburn…I’m not even going to mention this in great detail.  Some days are better than others but I still feel like someone filled me up with air!
My lower back has been hurting really bad the past couple of days.  Bryan is an absolute life saver: he gives me back massages to help reduce the pain.  When my feet are killing me he even gives me awesome foot rubs.  He has been such a sweet heart and is so caring.  I sometimes get annoyed that someone is watching me constantly and telling me to sit down and relax or go to bed early or don’t do that.  However, I do really appreciate it and probably need to start showing him I am thankful.  I couldn’t get through some of my aches and pains without him and love how much he cares about me (and Abby).  Bryan is the love of my life and I love him so very much!  Abby – your daddy is one awesome guy!!

Let's start with pictures of Abby's brother and sister (the spoiled-rotten Beagles):
Miss Matty
 Matty is so happy she gets to go  'bye-bye' with us.  She says this better continue after Abbygale comes along too!
 Mr. George
 Relaxing on the car ride!  He is such a precious puppy!

 Here are the Week 26 pictures of Abby and Me!
Head Shot: June 5, 2011
 Week 26
 6 1/2 Months Pregnant
 Baby Bump, Week 26
 Miss Abbygale Kate
 Miss Abby is Growing at 26 Weeks

I've noticed that there is not one picture so far of Daddy!  That has got to change even though your daddy does NOT like to take photos (just a little bit of information: he says he doesn't know how to smile).  So lets start the change now and here is the first blog picture of daddy!!
Daddy on June 5, 2011

The nursery decorations are complete!  I think it turned out really cute and is overall just such a happy room.  It is busy because I got a little carried away but I personally think it turned out just so adorable!  However, the pictures do not do the room justice at all - it is so much cuter in person than in the pictures!




The L in "Abbygale" is missing because Mom and Rikki had to pick it up in Dallas for me since I couldn't find one in Austin.  It will be added soon to complete her name!



No comments:

Post a Comment