A daughter is the happy memories of the past, the joyful memories of the present, and the hope and promise of the future.

Monday, August 15, 2011

August 9, 2011 - Week 36

By the end of this week, Week 36, Abby will be considered full term.  Blood circulation has been perfected and Abby’s immune system has matured enough to protect her from infections outside the womb.  Did you know it takes a year or two for a baby to fully develop their digestive system?  Abby has relied on the umbilical cord for nutrition so even though the digestive system has developed it hasn’t been operational.  It takes the first year or two after birth to get the system up to speed.  Abby should be gaining about ½ pound per each week. 
I am feeling pretty good.  I have been trying to take it easy and get some rest since I am on moderate bed rest.  I try and prop my feet up as much as possible too.  I personally feel all puffy and swollen at this point and don’t have tons of energy to try and make my appearance look good.  I am getting nervous about the delivery but try and not think about it until it happens.  Otherwise, my anxiety level will be out of this world!! 
A good friend of mine took maternity pictures of us on Sunday, August 07, 2011.  I wasn’t feeling all that great and again without much energy so I’m not sure how well the pictures are going to turn out.  I was so HOT outside too (even at 8:30 am) so my face was just dripping sweat.  I know that is disgusting but with the hormones I am just always so hot.  I am hoping for one good picture and I’ll be pleased.  Lauri did a great job taking pictures so I know if they didn’t turn out it is 100 percent Bryan and mine’s fault because we don’t take good pictures to begin with.  Pictures and us = a disaster!!  Thanks Lauri for being such a good friend and willing to put up with us to take some pictures!!  I REALLY, REALLY appreciate it!  You’re the best!
Update on maternity pictures:  I have seen a few and LOVE them!  I am so happy because I know I have at least 3 good pictures and I was hoping for at least one picture!  I am VERY, VERY pleased I have a photo to remember this occasion by!  Lauri did an excellent job and I am so excited to get some pictures printed!
I had a doctor’s appointment and sonogram on Tuesday, August 9, 2011.  Dr. Smith was still on vacation so I met with a nurse practitioner.  At my checkup, my blood pressure was still a little high (140/87) but everything else looked good.  Abby’s heartbeat was about 161 during my checkup.  They also determined I was 2 cm dilated and 80% effaced.  They said this was very good and if she was guessing Abby would probably come before her due date naturally.  She couldn’t guarantee it because some people stay at 2 cm for a long time but that was her guess.
The sonogram went well also.  It was a quick sonogram to just check for movement and to make sure Abby appears happy.  She appeared to be happy and healthy.  The fluid around her was okay and she was practicing her breathing movements.  Her heartbeat during the sonogram was around 155 so she calmed down a little bit from the other appointment too.  They didn’t take any measurements to estimate her weight but they said next week they would again.  I have another checkup and sonogram on Tuesday, August 16, 2011.  Will she be 8 pounds by next week?  We shall see!!
Here are the Week 36 pictures.  To me I look extremely big, uncomfortable, and puffy!! 







 




No comments:

Post a Comment