A daughter is the happy memories of the past, the joyful memories of the present, and the hope and promise of the future.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Abbygale is 21 Months Old

Abbygale is quickly approaching the 2 year mark at 21 months old. She amazes me each and every day and I catch myself staring at her beautiful face all the time. She communicates so well, is so sweet, has manners (when she wants to), so silly, but can also be a little fireball. She is the absolute right mixture of everything.


At 21 months:

*Abbygale’s hair is blond and super curly. Everywhere we go people comment on her beautiful curly hair. I swear it is a non-stop attraction!
*Abby makes a funny face when she is giving a hug. She knows how to use her face expressions. I think she gets this from her Daddy.
*Abby has a mouth full of teeth. She won’t let me look to see if her 2 year molars have come in yet, but I do know one was trying not too long ago. She bites me if I put my finger in her mouth and it hurts!
*Abby pretty much knows all of her body parts, animal sounds, and some colors (blue and pink). She can count to 2 (that’s her favorite number).
*Abby loves to have her toe nails painted. She’ll ask to get it done and doesn’t forget until they are freshly painted.
*Abby loves to pretend to cook. This is her favorite thing in her play room. She says “Hot, Hot” and blows and waves her hand to cool the food off. So, so cute!
*Abby loves water. She loves playing in the sink, swimming, the water hose, and all things water.
*Abby enjoys being outside. She likes to pick up rocks, play with her outside toys, swing, watch the tractors make hay, look at animals, ride the 4-wheeler, and anything else involving the outdoors.
*Abby still is not much of an eater. She likes chips, pizza, cheese, french fries, ham, bananas, and crackers are her favorite things.
*Abby still loves her milk. She still is drinking about 4 cups at night and a few (3 or so) during the day.
*Abby is wearing 24 months/2T clothing, size 5 diapers, and size 5-6 shoes.
*Abby wakes up at night for “milk please” but then falls right back asleep. She also makes sure her “mommy” and “daddy” are still there. Yes, she still co-sleeps with us and we must say we love it!
*Abby has started the potty training process again and showed full interest but here recently has backed off some again. I try and take her to the big girl potty when she lets me but I must say when she is fighting me and screaming/crying I just give in. She is doing pretty well though for 21 months. I don’t think she is going to be potty trained by 2 (my goal) but we will see.
*Abby’s social skills have improved but still need improvement. She doesn’t like being in crowds and around lots of people. She does better with just a few people. This is because she is only really around Bryan and I and her grandparents watch her during the day. Abbygale currently has little interaction with others/kids. However, each weekend I try and get her out and about which has started to help. We do at least one fun and crowded (with adults and/or kids) thing each week.
*She isn’t much into taking pictures. I get just a second or two and then she is done. She’s a fast little girl these days.
*Abby loves to lay in bed with the covers pulled up to her chin drinking milk and watching television. Her favorite shows are Bubble Guppies, Team Umizoomi, Thomas and Friends, and Wow! Wow! Wubzy!.
*Abby talks to the television and answer questions they ask on the Nick Jr. shows (Dora, Bubble Guppies, Team Umizoomi, etc).
*Abby has really gotten into Minnie Mouse. She carries her Minnie’s around with her and tries to sleep with two Minnie’s and Goofy. We all don’t fit in the bed.
*Abby will see something on TV she likes and will say “oooohhhhh.” I think this means she wants it.
*Abby hops, throws balls, kicks balls, dances in circles, and bounces. She’s learning her rhythm. She has started singing some too (“Bop, bop” like on Wow! Wow!).
*Abby loves animals. However, she is more interested in the ‘baby’s mommy’ then the ‘babies’ themselves. Such a funny girl!

At 21 months, you are energetic and have such a good imagination. You play, play, play but want someone to play with you mostly. But you are independent. You do want to do everything yourself and have a turn. You will say “Abby do, Abby do.” You have such an attitude but also the sweetest, most gentle heart. When Mommy or Daddy isn’t feeling well you try your hardest to play doctor and make everyone better. It’s sweet…so sweet. You are so much fun and we have lots of fun going to shows, the playgrounds, play dates, shopping, or just staying at home. I look forward to each and every day because I get to spend them with you. I love you to the moon and back and more. XOXO




































No comments:

Post a Comment