A daughter is the happy memories of the past, the joyful memories of the present, and the hope and promise of the future.

Monday, June 10, 2013

Mommy and Me Dance Classes - June/July 2013

I signed Abbygale up for dance classes.  It is the Mommy and Me dance class for the 2013 summer.  Her first day was Saturday, June 8th.  She did pretty good.  Well, she did great the second half.  When it first started and we were stretching she wasn't into it much.  She wanted to leave.  She whined for about 10 minutes so I took her to the viewing room for a drink of water.  She was saying "home, home."  She wanted to go home.  We started putting her shoes on, my shoes on, and getting our stuff together.  I kept showing her the other girls and how they were dancing, acting like animals, etc.  She had no interest UNTIL they were getting the stick horses.  Then she was willing to go back in.  From that point on she warmed up and did great!  She danced like a ballerina, did some rolls, hops, spins, etc.  She was on a roll and looking oh so adorable and cute! 

It takes Abbygale some time to warm up to strangers (or even family/friends).  I asked her if she wanted to go back to dance class next week or stay home and she keeps saying "back."  I hope she remembers the fun in a week and enjoys the whole class (instead of just the end).  She loves to dance so she just needs to get out of her shell and enjoy, which I know she will!

My ballerina was so cute spinning and hopping and jumping and smiling.  That picture is a great memory sketched in my brain forever.  I'm hoping to get a picture/video of her before the last dance class.  Next week we will make even more sweet memories!

Here's some pictures from the morning before we left for dance class.




No comments:

Post a Comment