A daughter is the happy memories of the past, the joyful memories of the present, and the hope and promise of the future.

Friday, April 15, 2011

April 12, 2011 - Week 19

Our baby girl’s sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Baby girl’s hair is beginning to sprout and grow. She also is getting her first taste of anti-wrinkle cream. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on the skin to prevent it from wrinkling in my amniotic fluid. If this ‘cheesy’ coating didn’t form our baby girl would be all wrinkled when she is born, like she soaked in the bath tub way to long!

There hasn’t been a lot of changes since week 18. I am feeling pretty good and do have some energy to get things done that needs to be done. Now that we know we are having a little girl I have started thinking about the baby’s room and different ideas, BUT haven’t done any shopping yet besides the couple of big furniture items from last week (crib, glider/ottoman, and table). I’m so ready to buy some tutu’s and hair bows!! I’m already ready to have the baby room all put together – I like to have things done as early as possible! However, I know this isn’t going to get done for a few months!!

I still don’t think I have felt Baby move yet, even though the sonograms show her moving around a bunch. I should start feeling her move any day now. I really don’t know what to expect so hopefully I will notice it pretty quickly. I can’t wait to feel her move around. Knowing she is moving and is okay will be a great feeling!

I can’t believe we are in week 19 of the pregnancy. My how times fly’s by! Here is Baby Girl growing!!

Head shot, Week 19
 Week 19
 Week 19
 Growing Tummy, Week 19
 Baby Girl, Week 19
 Our Baby, Week 19
 Big Belly, Week 19

1 comment:

  1. Looking wonderful, girlie!!!

    My first movements have always felt like butterfly kisses... you know like eyelashes on your skin. It took until around 22 weeks with Emily to be sure what I was feeling was her. :)

    ReplyDelete