A daughter is the happy memories of the past, the joyful memories of the present, and the hope and promise of the future.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

January 11, 2011 - Week 6

Today I went to my first doctor’s appointment. It wasn’t too exciting but it helped to make this life changing event more real. I met with a nurse and we went through family history. I also had to go to the lab for some blood test (they took 6 tubes of blood)!!! It appears my due date is September 5, 2011!!! I have my first ultrasound scheduled for next week (Tuesday 1/18 at 10:30am). This is to determine a more accurate due date. I believe I should hear the heart beat too!! I also have my first appointment with Doctor Laurette Smith on Tuesday 1/25 at 1:45 pm.

I am feeling good for the most part. In the mornings, I feel a little nausea but once I get moving I am fine. I am still tired, but not too terribly bad. I have been going to sleep around 8:00-8:30 pm during the week (only a little earlier than normal). I also get hungry quickly and when I’m hungry I’ve got to eat something quick or I get a little grouchy!

Our baby is going to triple in size this week. Wow!! The baby is about the size of a small sweet pea.  How sweet!!

I am getting more and more excited and just praying for a healthy pregnancy and baby! That is the most important thing – health!! Also, thinking ahead, the whole delivery thing is scaring me just a bit, but who isn’t scared by the whole birthing experience?!?
Week 6 Photo
Week 6 stomach photo
Week 6 belly

No comments:

Post a Comment