A daughter is the happy memories of the past, the joyful memories of the present, and the hope and promise of the future.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

January 18, 2011 - Week 7

Over the past weekend we told everyone we were expecting a little bundle of joy!! It feels so much better now that everyone knows. I’m awful at keeping secrets and didn’t want to keep this a secret but wanted to make sure it was real (speak to a doctor) before we spilled the beans. Mom said “I guess that is why you are sleeping so much lately, huh?” I laughed. I’m so thankful we have such a wonderful family that supports us. Thank you all!!

I had my first sonogram today. They did not change the due date so it is still September 5, 2011. I got two pictures of the baby (which is about 1cm) and saw its heart beat! The heartbeat measured at 153, I believe, which they said was good! Dr. Darby checked everything out and everything looked good to him. Even though the baby looked like a little peanut, it was very neat to actually see our baby and the heart flutter. It will be neat to see how much he/she has grown whenever I get another sonogram.

Our baby is about the size of a blueberry or a grain of rice this week.  He/she is getting bigger every day!

I have a doctor’s appointment with Dr. Laurette Smith on Tuesday, January 25th.

Baby 7 weeks
Baby 7 weeks
7 week photo
7 week stomach picture
7 week belly

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    I knew you had been sick over Christmas because of your texts about not being able to meet up but I never suspected!

    I had no idea, (I didn't get a call or email) or else I would've congratulated you earlier. So excited I cannot even tell you! You know I read your blog every day but now I have even more reasons to check on you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS!!! So excited for you :) Wishing you a happy & healthy pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete