A daughter is the happy memories of the past, the joyful memories of the present, and the hope and promise of the future.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

January 4, 2011 - Week 5

I’m going to be a mom! I found out on January 3, 2011 when I was about 5 weeks along. What went through my mind? Excitement but I was also SCARED TO DEATH. Lots of changes are coming our way but I know they are for the best. I am still in shock but so happy for this next chapter of my life. I took two home pregnancy tests (just to be sure). …one in the evening on Monday, January 3, 2011, and another the morning of January 4th. They both said the same thing—“Congratulations, you are going to be a parent!” Afterwards, I don’t think it really hit me or sank in. I think it is going to take a little time for reality to really hit me.

How am I feeling? I got sick on Christmas Eve with the flu, I am almost certain. It took me a good week to feel half way back to normal. I was in bed for days!! I haven’t had any real symptoms-I feel normal really besides my cough still from being sick. My stomach has been hurting a little but nothing really extreme. I have had minor cramping that is a little uncomfortable. I have been tired too, but this is a normal thing for me. I went to bed at 6:30 pm on January 3rd because I was so tired! Okay, it isn’t quite normal for me to go to bed at 6:30 even though I do go to bed early (around 9 pm). Therefore, I guess the symptoms I have are cramping and exhaustion but nothing too painful.

The baby weighs less than .04 oz at five weeks old and is about the size of an orange seed. Our little person!
I have my first appointment with the doctor on Tuesday, January 11 at 10:30 am. Stay tuned….

(Before you look at the pictures below- WARNING: I am like 20 pounds overweight so BEWARE!!  I AM GOING TO LOSE ALL THE WEIGHT AFTER THE BABY FOR SURE (or at least I hope so)!!!
5 weeks belly shot
5 weeks
5 weeks
5 week belly shot

No comments:

Post a Comment