A daughter is the happy memories of the past, the joyful memories of the present, and the hope and promise of the future.

Monday, July 25, 2011

July 26, 2011 - Week 34

We are 8 ½ months in the pregnancy with 6 weeks left.  Abby could be close to 5 pounds by now and 20 inches tall.  Her fingernails have probably reached the end of her fingers this week so she can officially start scratching herself!  She is continuing to grow and gain fat which will help her temperature stay in a normal range when she is outside of the womb!  
 
Bryan and I are getting very excited since we will be meeting Miss Abby very soon.  On Saturday, July 23, 2011 we took a tour of the labor and delivery unit at the hospital.  It was very informative and we learned the basics: where to park, where to check in, and kind of what to expect on the ‘big day.’  They also gave us helpful hints on what to pack (boppy pillow for nursing, baby book for footprints, etc).  Since everything is really uncertain and you really can’t plan for the delivery it made us planners feel a little bit better knowing a little more now than we did before Saturday.
We also started packing for the hospital a little.  Abbygale is packed and I am partly packed with nightgowns, clothes to wear home, etc.  We also packed Abby’s diaper bag – I hope I have what I need in it.  Her diaper bag is packed full of stuff – it is already busting at the seams!  I over pack everything!
Mom, Mawmaw, got to feel Abby kick for the first time on Friday, July 22, 2011.  She felt a little kick! 
I felt Abby have the hiccups for the first time on Sunday, July 24, 2011.  It felt pretty neat – my stomach would continuously bounce a little and I felt a quick flinch.  It lasted a few minutes and was a cool feeling.  Any of Abby’s movements are cool to me because I know she is moving around and doing good.
I am getting more and more tired again, like in the first trimester.  My feet swell by the end of the day and look like a big marshmallow in Bryan’s words.  My ankles are pretty much gone at this point too!  I also just don’t have the energy to dress myself up anymore and would rather just through my hair up, no makeup on, and some comfy clothes and go.  I know this is not a very good look but I’m comfy!!  I’m pregnant; I have an excuse at the moment.  What was my excuse before I was pregnant?
My stomach is just growing and growing.  I put tummy butter on it every evening and still have no stretch marks at this point.  I pray this continues but I hear stories of people getting them at the very end of their pregnancy.
Bryan has been very helpful since he knows I get exhausted by the end of each day.  He has been helping out with laundry, vacuuming, and doing some odds and ends for me.  He tries so hard which means so much to me even though sometimes I feel like I can still do this stuff.  He puts me on ‘bed rest’ from time to time when he thinks I have done too much.  He makes me rest for 30 minutes before I can continue on.  Abby- Daddy is so sweet to Mommy even though Mommy doesn’t seem to like it all the time!!
I plan on getting the remainder of the stuff I need for Abbygale by the end of July (the weekend of July 30th and 31st) so in August we can just try and relax and spend some time together before Abby comes.  We can also work on her baby book some in August and really just try to rest as much as possible!  I can't believe the countdown is really on!!









No comments:

Post a Comment