A daughter is the happy memories of the past, the joyful memories of the present, and the hope and promise of the future.

Saturday, July 02, 2011

June 28, 2011 - Week 30

Week 30 with only 10 more weeks to go; the thought of this takes my breath away due to a combination of excitement and nerves!  I still feel the need to pee all the time (I’m guessing because Abby’s head is pressing on my bladder), I am tired all the time again, and pregnancy heartburn is still a big part of my life these days. 
Abbygale’s height and weight probably haven’t changed much in a week but the big news is Abby’s brain gain.  Abby’s brain should be taking on characteristic grooves and indentations.  This allows for an increased amount of brain tissue.  Abby is becoming a little genius more and more each day!!  She should weigh roughly 3 pounds or a little less/more.
I have been swimming some at my Aunt and Uncle’s house.  Swimming makes me feel so much lighter and is supposed to be good exercise too!  I am always so very hot that going swimming helps cool my body off too!  I’m hoping to keep up the pool dates because I always sleep better and feel better after walking around in the pool for a little while.
What do I eat a lot of being pregnant?  Dan’s Hamburgers knows my order by my name pretty much.  When I walk in they don’t even have to ask for my name – they go and get the to-go bag that is for me.  The other day one waitress said, “I didn’t even know you were expecting?”  I said “Did you think I was just getting rounder and rounder?”  She said, “Well we didn’t want to think it was our tacos!!”  I found that hilarious!  Breakfast tacos are a hit these days (as they were before I was pregnant too).  I do eat about the same stuff I ate before (my favorites being Mexican food and Taco Bell).  However, I do eat more ice cream cones and ice cream in general and crave anything ice cold (ice cold water, ice cold limeades, etc).  Ice cream use to make me sick and now I can eat it without any problems; it actually feels really good (keeps me cool) and is suppose to help with heartburn!
My stomach is getting huge!  I soak it in cocoa butter every evening and so far I have no stretch marks!  I sure do hope this continues to be the case!  I can’t bend over to paint my toe nails anymore.  It is extremely uncomfortable and takes my breath away.  Thankfully I have a date planned this Friday with a good friend, Lauri, and her daughter Kailei for a pedicure and possibly a manicure too.  I am SO ready for some pretty feet again! 
I have really enjoyed my pregnancy to date even with the killer heartburn!  I have enjoyed watching my stomach grow knowing a little baby that Bryan and I created is growing inside of me.  It is truly a miracle and a life-changing event!  I do feel like I have the pregnancy glow and really have enjoyed wearing maternity clothes knowing that I am carrying a baby!  It has all been so enjoyable (besides the few pregnancy symptoms) for me and something that I will cherish forever!  Being pregnant has been a very memorable and awesome experience and I already love Abby more than I could have ever imagined!
Here are the Week 30 or 7 ½ month pictures!!
Head Shot
 Week 30 (I'm getting puffy and big)!
 7 1/2 Months
 Belly Picture, 30 Weeks
 3rd Trimester
 Baby Abby
 Abbygale Kate Helford

No comments:

Post a Comment