A daughter is the happy memories of the past, the joyful memories of the present, and the hope and promise of the future.

Sunday, January 01, 2012

Abby's First New Year's Eve

Well I can't say Abby's first New Year's Eve was exciting.  We didn't do much; really nothing at all.  The morning of New Year's Eve we went with Daddy to do cow stuff and get a breakfast taco.  Then we came home and cleaned, cleaned, cleaned!  We did tons of laundry and almost got the house clean (we just have a little more to do).  Abby was a really big help!  Since she wants Mommy to hold her non-stop, I put on the backpack type carrier and put Abby in it.  She was facing forward so could see everything and LOVED it!  I bet she helped me clean house for a good hour and a half.  She was happy cause Mommy was holding her still (with a little help from the carrier) and Mommy had her hands free so was able to clean our dirty house.  We took a break from cleaning and went into Bastrop to buy some thing and then came home and cleaned some more.  After that we just relaxed and hung out as a family.
The BEST part of our very low-key New Year's Eve day was Abby laughed and laughed numerous times today when Mommy was playing 'peak-a-boo' with her.  She giggled and her baby laugh is just ADORABLE!  Daddy was able to capture a little of it on video.  She laughed at me even when I made no noise at all but just made a face at her.  She is so much fun these days!

New Year's Eve was just an ordinary day this year but it was still wonderful because I got to spend the day with Miss Abbygale.  Being around my baby makes everything just great!  We enjoyed a low key day and evening as a family because I am sure in future years Abby will be wanting to do stuff not so low key.





No comments:

Post a Comment