A daughter is the happy memories of the past, the joyful memories of the present, and the hope and promise of the future.

Sunday, January 01, 2012

Abby's New Year -- 2012

We are in a new year...2011 is gone and 2012 is here!  2011 was a GREAT year because my little girl was born which brought so much joy to my life.  I am super excited about 2012 because Abby will be experiencing so many 'new' and 'first' things.  She will sit up, crawl, walk, talk, and turn 1 in 2012.  That is just CRAZY but so cool to think about too!  She will drink bottles and no longer drink bottles in 2012. She will stare/grab at toys to really play with toys in 2012.  We are hoping for a WONDERFUL year that will be filled with love, happiness, and so many memories.

Abby wanted to start the new year off with a bang so what better way then to EAT for the VERY FIRST TIME!!  She tried rice cereal for the first time tonight.  It's not just bottles anymore people we are slowly moving up to food.  She stares at people eating and really focuses on how you eat.  So we decided to let her start getting the hang of the whole food thing herself.  She still needs a little practice but she started learning to eat today.

It was so cute.  Her little tongue would move around and she would make a face like "what is this?" and "what am I suppose to do with this?".  I think she ended up spitting most of the cereal out but she did manage to eat a little bit of it.  She did pretty good all in all and I think she liked it.  So, she is 4 1/2 months old and it was the first day of 2012 so she accomplished a new 'first.'

I'm going to start giving her a little rice cereal every (or most) evenings for a week or two to let her get the hang of 'eating' and then we will start other baby foods, like fruits and vegetables.  For right now, we are feeding her food just in the evenings and slowly working her way up to eating baby food a few times a day.  I say this alot but it is so true...my precious little girl is getting so big and growing up so very fast!  Can we pause life just for a second so I can have a little extra time with my baby before she becomes a little girl?






No comments:

Post a Comment